Fall is officially here, October is right around the corner, and pumpkins are everywhere– in your latte, on your front doorstep, and at the grocery store. It’s definitely getting me in the fall spirit and making me want to cook some autumn-inspired foods. Luckily, incorporating pumpkins into your diet can be done in a much healthier way than drinking daily pumpkin spice lattes. Keep reading for pumpkin- and fall-related recipes for every meal (and snacks!).
Maybe coffee isn’t a meal, or even a snack, but some people treat it like it is! I wanted to include coffee recipes in this list because so many people make the mistake of drinking their calories away every day. Luckily, I’ve found some recipes that will help you craft festive fall coffees without gobs of added sugar and empty calories.
- The Ultimate Healthy Pumpkin Spice Latte by Amy’s Healthy Baking
- Pumpkin Spice Cold Brew by All the Healthy Things
- Skinny Salted Caramel Latte by The Novice Chef
Some say that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Others think skipping breakfast is just fine. Either way, it’s important to avoid breakfast foods that are high in sugar (like donuts, some cereals) and/or saturated fat (some bacon, sausage). These healthy breakfast recipes will set you up for a perfect fall morning.
- Pumpkin Cream of Wheat by Taste of Home
- Apple Cinnamon Breakfast Grain Bowl by Healthy Joyful Eats
- Butternut Squash Frittata with Fried Sage by Cookie + Kate
I like to keep my lunches simple and easy – something I can grab for quick energy to get me through the afternoon. Food prepping lunches is a great time-saver, and guarantees that I eat something healthy and filling. Check out these delicious, fall-inspired recipes that can be prepped the night (or even weekend) before and taste just as good when lunch time rolls around!
- Turkey Chili by the New York Times
- Sweet Potato Salad by Love & Lemons
- Harvest Chicken Casserole by Delish
I’m a big proponent of snacking, as long as you choose healthy snacks. Snacks can keep you from becoming so starved that you make poor eating choices or binge during your next meal. If you need a midday pick-me-up, these autumnal snacks will do just the trick.
- Pumpkin Pie-Spiced Granola by Taste of Home
- 5 Ingredient Healthy Pumpkin Cookies by Brooklyn Farm Girl
- Apple Cinnamon Fruit Roll-Ups by Delish
Ever since the coronavirus pandemic started, I’ve been cooking more and eating out less. I’ve begun to enjoy exploring with different flavors and seasonings, which is even more fun with fall spices like cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and ginger. These fall dinner recipes are a little more time-consuming than the other recipes on this list, but completely worth it.
- Apple Cider Glazed Chicken by Delish
- Acorn Squash with Brown Rice and Turkey Sausage by Good Housekeeping
- Healthy Pumpkin Alfredo with Wilted Garlic Kale by the Endless Meal
Everything is healthy in moderation – even desserts. These delightful autumn deserts will satisfy your sweet tooth, and remind you of everything you love about the fall season.